Specs and Techs: Micro Blown Cable
Micro Blown Cables are designed to be used with the Microduct system and installed using a blowing machine for long installations. It is constructed of Fibres inside multiple gel filled loose tubes which range from 12 fibre to 288 fibre cable. The cable is strengthened by a glass reinforced plastic (GRP) strength member with a high-density polyethylene outer sheath. The exterior is UV stabilised with a 2.5% evenly dispersed carbon black. This construction gives maximum flexibility while isolating the Fibres from installation and environmental rigours. UV stabilised with a 2.5% evenly dispersed carbon black.
- Thixotropic jelly filled loose tube design.
- Tubes SZ stranded around the central strength member.
- Water blocking yarns and tape are applied for cable core water ingress protection.
- Over sheathed with Black HDPE.
- One ripcord laid beneath the sheath.
- Fibres in full compliance with ITU-T.
- Small diameter, light weight, optimized for blowing or pushing into micro ducts.
- Superior blowing performance.
- Working temperature: -20°C~+70°C.
- 25-year life expectancy.
- Fibre attenuation at 1310/1550nm: ≤0.35/0.21db/km.
- Fibre linear PMD: ≤0.06ps/√km (M=20, Q=0.01%).
- Installation tensile resistance: 1.2 times cable weight, not less than 600N.
- Crush resistance: 650N.
- Water penetration: 3m sample, 1m water column, for 24h.
- Cable print: MBC, fibre count, fibre type, HFCL, production date, cable ID number, meter count.
|Parameter||Dimensions / Layout||Type|
|Numbers of fibres
|Number of loose
|Number of Fillers||5||4||2||0||2||0||HDPE – Black|
|1.9 +/- 0.1mm||2.2 +/- 0.1mm||2.2mm PE up coated to 3.2mm||2.7mm PE up coated to 3.8mm||3.5 +/- 0.1mm||3.5mm PE up
|Moisture Barrier||Over FRP Rod + Core||Water Swellable
|Outer Sheath||0.5mm (Nominal)||HDPE – Black/
|Cable Diameter||6.5 +/- 0.5mm||7.5 +/- 0.5mm||8.0 +/- 0.5mm||8.5 +/- 0.5mm||11.0 +/- 0.5mm|
|Cable Weight/km||35 +/- 5kg/km||50 +/- 5kg/km||55 +/- 5kg/km||65 +/- 5kg/km||70 +/- 10kg/km||110 +/- 10 kg/km|
Colour Codes for Fibre and Tube